This year's National Community Development Week is being celebrated April 13th-17th, 2020. This is an important week for Community Development Departments across the country and has been held during the annual Congress spring recess since 1986.
National Community Development Week is a highlight each year that celebrates city and county achievements made with federal economic development programs in our communities. Notably, the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) & HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) programs.
CDBG helps address county and city needs with improvements in community and economic development, housing, infrastructures, citizen services, and even helps to create jobs. HOME also aids county funding that helps low-income families with housing. Both of these programs have helped Community Development Departments make an impact in bettering their communities.
With iWorQ's Community Development Software Suite, communities can better manage their daily needs, and work processes Community Development departments make up a large part of iWorQ’s client base and play a critical role in maintaining and building our communities. We are happy to work with these individuals and provide a software suite that aids departments with their day to day processes.
Our Community Development Software applications are all cloud-based and provide easy solutions for Permit Management, Code Enforcement Management, Planning & Zoning, License management, and even allows residents and contractors to digitally connect through our Citizen Portal.
Community Development Resources and Organizations
- National Community Development Association (NCDA)
- Council Of State Community Development Agencies (COSCDA)
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- National Association Of Counties (NACo)
- The United States Conference Of Mayors
- National Association for County Community and Economic Development (NACCED)
- National Association of Regional Councils (NARC)
- International Code Council (ICC)
- National Association of Local Housing Finance Agencies (NALHFA)
- National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO)